Working in fast food you get a variety of people and therefore a variety of requests for orders. One of my favorites was "Can you put half of a splenda packet in my coffee?" I truly want to know whether, if put to a blind taste testing, she could tell the difference between the coffee with half a packet and the coffee with a full packet. Do those extra five grains of sugar really make the coffee go from perfect to overly sweet? Seems a bit far fetched for me, but what do I know, I don't drink coffee.
My favorite specific request so far was regarding a bagel though. As you probably know, people can get a bit picky with their bagels. "I want it extra toasted." "I want it hardly toasted. No no I can see a faint thing of brown on the edges, its toasted too much." And don't even get me started on the issue of how much spread to put on. Oh of the infinite possibilities.
Anyways, I was going along making my meals when the order taker for that day comes over to me and was all "this person with the wheat bagel wants the middle hallowed out." I thought, "Okay a bit specific, but sure, I can handle that," So I toast her bagel, making sure that the the middle hole is completely hallow. I give the customer her bagel and she was all "Did you make it right?" and I smile replying, "Yup! Middle is hallowed out!"She then proceeds to take the bagel out and inspect it. As you may have guessed I did not understand what she wanted and she proceeds to describe what she wants. "I want you to scoop all of the bread out leaving a shell of the bagel crust. Then fill that shell with cream cheese. Is that so difficult?" Yes I know, its absolutely shocking that I didn't do this the first time. Note to all of you consumers out there: If you have an extremely weird order like that, just buy your own bagel and make it yourself please. Believe it or not, our registers do not have a "hallow out bagel leaving shell to be filled with cream cheese" button. Although maybe I am just out of the loop and there are lots of people that do this. Opinions?
Also happy beginning of November!! It's the lovely time of year when all of the Christmas decorations start coming up to ensure that every single consumer on the planet is sufficiently tired of Christmas by the time it actually comes around. :D
Monday, November 1, 2010
Second Post- Oh the Customers
Posted by Girl at 12:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment