Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

So First Post!! Woot!

I feel as a new blogger I must do the stereotypical mentioning of how this is my first post and I am so excited and...okay I'm glad I got the formalities over with.


Now I know that I am not alone in the fast food world. In fact the reason I choose my blog about my horribly exciting life working in fast food is because I know so many of you can relate. What fun is it reading about something you can't relate to at all?
Post: "And here I am in Italy. I Had so much fun!!"
Me: Wow looks like fun! ~And there is the extent of thought I give a post like that.~

So I suppose I will have to start off with today. Today was "day off." Yes of course they called me, it is not truly a soul sucking job unless it manages to take over your free time as well. I always feel that when I get called in there should be an extreme form of gratitude shown. Like a huge banner that reads "Sorry for waking you up to have you work on your day off. You Are AMAZING!!" And then my boss would come over to me and be all "You are the best employee on the face of the planet. I'm giving you a raise!" And all of my coworkers would be all "Thank you so much!! We have been so lost without you!" And then all of the customers would be all "Wow you came in on your day off? Now that shows dedication. Here's a 20 dollar tip." I mean I'm not asking for much right? Its not like I want a parade or something (all though that would be pretty sweet.)

Instead when you walk in after waking up only 20 minutes ago to come in and help, everyone looks at you with a smug face that reads "Ha! That's hilarious. You thought you were getting a day off." And then my boss is all "Oh good your here, help with this random project please." And the customer are well...anyone in fast food knows exactly how the customers are.


Now I don't want to give you all the wrong impression. I am not an overly cynical person. I just hate all people. It's completely different of course. Take for instances Miss Sorority that ordered today.
Miss Sorority: "ummm I need a sandwhich...."
Me: "Alright, what kind would you like?"
Miss Sorority: "On a biscuit"
Me: "What would you like on it?"
Miss Sorority: "On a biscuit" ~To her fellow sorority girl in the car thinking that I can't hear her~ "omg fast food workers are so retarded"
Me: "Yes I got that, on a biscuit. What do you want on the biscuit?"
Miss Sorority: "On. A. Biscuit! omg!"
Me: ~forcing myself not to bang my head against the registrar~ "What do you want on the biscuit?"
Miss Sorority: "Oh! Ummm sausage I guess?"
Me: "All right you can pull ahead."

Don't worry, I have many more Miss Sorority stories to come. I work near a college and therefore experience this often.

So there. First post DONE. And for all of you that are going to say I am a mean and horrible person, to you I say that sarcasm is is only picked up on by the awesome people of the Earth. 10/31/10

0 comments: